…If someone was conceived today, they’d be born around that time XD
Seriously though, a few recent developments related to my employment status has forced me to research other sources of income in order to make sure I make it to AB2015. I’m two weeks into summer vacation but now I’m planning for things coming up almost a year from now. I’m doing everything I can to make sure I will have the opportunity to keep my commitment to AB2015 but for the first time since I started going to Anime Boston, there is a real possability I won’t be able to pre-register. If you’d like to help me by donating money to help cover the registration fee, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moving on, I want to go over what I have in mind for AB2015 in terms of panels:
- Clannad: The Place Where Wishes Come True WILL be back next year. Also, Nagisa will be my copanelist from now on each year I do this panel. It will also be 90 minutes next year because of some extra content I’m bringing next year including some special videos that I promise will leave none unmoved. In a last-minute change, I will also talk a bit about an extra subject that is sort of a recurring theme in Clannad with Tomoya in particular during After Story.
- Pokemon: 20 Years Later is the special 2-hour panel I will be doing next year. I’m pulling out all the stops to make it the most must-see panel of AB2015. There will be music from the soundtracks of each gen, The PokeRap, Battles (Gens 5 and 6), Trades (Gens 5 and 6), a viewing of the very first episode of Pokemon: Indigo League and a special viewing of a scene from the world famous banned Electric Soldier Porygon episode! It will be the biggest panel I will have ever done. Bring your own 3DS!
- Tales of Symphonia: 10 Years Later is the panel I was supposed to do this year but didn’t due to my busy work schedule during the last 4 months. We will discuss the fandom, the game, the anime and so on. I will request 60 minutes for what is sure to be an interesting introspective into Tales of Symphonia.
- Persona 4: Pursuing My True Self WILL be back next year. It will be 60 minutes long just like this year but there will be a bit more of a focus on the Psychology of the Persona. Video clips will return but I will use different clips from the ones I used this year.
- Panels: Best Practices is a new 60 minute Workshop I’m planning to do next year. In the panel, we will discuss the process of applying to do a panel, planning what you’re going to do and (hopefully) running a successful panel. Much of the panel will be answering questions and feedback from the audience so if you’ve ever wondered what it takes to be a panelist, it’s worth checking out. Bring a pencil and notebook. You might learn something helpful ^_^
Based on this year’s panel selection process I’m confident my Clannad, Pokemon and Best Practices panels will be approved and slotted in the first two waves. My Symphonia and Persona 4 panels will probably be a choice between the two like this year though I will plan for doing either or both XD
I’m pretty excited about the Pokemon panel in particular. I’ve been a fan for almost 20 years so….yeah. It will be an awesome experience. I will see to it personally. In light of my recent hospitalization, I’ll probably spend the whole summer working exclusively on the powerpoint for my Pokemon Panel. Whew…it will be glorious.
A video sneak peek of what’s to come will be coming to YouTube sometime this weekend =D